A lakeside retreat surrounded by
mountains and f
Greenermind Summit East takes place on the edge of the Shenandoah National Park in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains, a 2 hour drive from Washington, D.C.. Enjoy the scenic drive while carpooling and getting to know folks. You'll be glad you made the trip when you arrive. The peaceful lakeside setting surrounded by mountains is the perfect getaway from the hectic world. The address is Camp Varsity, 1344 Beamers Head Rd., Madison, VA 22727.
Directions from Washington, D.C.:
- I-66 W to Rt. 29 South in Gainesville
- Approximately 7 miles past Culpeper, turn right on Rt.609 just past the Reva Shell station
- Turn left on Rt. 231 and go approximately 0.5 miles
- Turn right onto Rt. 651 (Aylor Rd.) and go 2 miles
- Turn left on Rt. 650 (Beamers Head Rd.) just past the Oak Grove Church. Camp Varsity is at the end of Beamers Head Rd.
Directions from Richmond/Charlottesville:
- From I-64 follow the Rt. 250 by-pass to Rt. 29 North
- Go approximately 25 miles on Rt. 29
- After passing Madison County High School, take a left to Madison onto Main St.
- After passing through town, merge left onto Rt. 231 N. (Old Blue Ridge Parkway)
- Travel approximately 4 miles and turn left onto Rt. 651 (Aylor Rd.)
- Turn left onto Rt. 650 (Beamers Head Rd.) past the Oak Grove Church. Camp Varsity is at the end of Beamers Head Rd.
About the venue:
Camp Varsity is a 125 acre farm located at the base of Gaar Mountain that has been hosting outdoor enthusiasts since 1966. The lakeside camp offers plenty of outdoor space to play and access to terrific hiking trails nearby!
- Accommodations will be in rustic cabins with shared facilities. Yes - there are hot showers!
- Meetings will take place in the camp's lodge and outside areas.
- Wholesome, nutritious, and tasty meals will be cooked in the large shared kitchen.